If you are starting your first post-secondary program, you may be eligible for a Ted Rogers Scholarship.
The Ted Rogers Scholarship Fund is available to 22 students accessing support through Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada. Nominations for the 2022 Scholarship Fund are now closed.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have spent time in government care in Canada.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Be applying for your first post-secondary program.
Please contact Brenna Kelly-Adams if you have any questions or to request a nomination form to apply or refer a youth to this opportunity: [email protected] or 416-923-0924 ext. 215.
- $2,500 awarded annually towards tuition for any full-time, two to four-year post-secondary program or certificate at a Canadian college, university, or trade school. Funds will be transferred directly to the school.
Students must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll in their first post-secondary program (academic, technical, or vocational) at a recognized post-secondary institution or a registered private post-secondary institution starting in Fall or Winter semesters.
- Student must be 24 years old or under and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Student must have experienced a minimum, cumulative total of 12 months in provincial government care before the age of 18. This includes permanent or continuing care/Crown Ward, temporary care, voluntary care, customary care, kith/kin or extended family placements, youth agreement/independent living, or custody centres.
- Student must demonstrate financial need and contributions to the community.
- The Scholarship can be used in addition to any other funding sources (loans, scholarships/bursaries, tuition waivers) including support from Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada’s flagship scholarship program.
- Guaranteed renewal for length of program (two to four-year programs) totalling up to $10,000.
- Guaranteed Rogers job interviews for retail, call centre, and intern positions if student applies.
Recipients will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Application and all supporting documents submitted on time including:
- Nomination Form and Confirmation of Care letter: Required for Step 1
- Online Application and Proof of Registration: Required for Step 2 (A screen shot of an email from the school confirming that they have received your application is acceptable if you have yet to be accepted or enrolled)
- Quality of application; the more detail you can provide within the word count, the better!
- Quality and quantity of community leadership (i.e. volunteering, working for a community organization, community activism/advocacy, sports, arts, clubs etc.)
- Demonstrated financial need (you have necessary expenses that are not already fully covered, like tuition, books/supplies, rent, furniture, transit, food, health care including uncovered services)
Best of luck to all applicants!
To begin STEP 1, please contact Brenna Kelly-Adams at [email protected] to request:
- Nomination Form
- Confirmation of Care letter
Nomination Deadline: 2023 nomination deadline coming soon