2023 Ted Rogers Entrance Scholarship Fund – Applications are NOW OPEN!
For Canadian youth with government care experience starting their first post-secondary program, The Ted Rogers Scholarship Fund (TRSF) aims to provide access to post-secondary education and reward youth who demonstrate community leadership. The Ted Rogers Scholarship Fund is now open for its seventh year to 400 young people through 18 national partner organizations, including 50 students through Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada! Those eligible to apply through the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada’s application stream must have spent time in government care.
Nomination Deadline: September 8th, 2023 at 5:00 pm (EST)
Some Key Scholarship Information:
- Students do not need permanent care/ permanent ward status for this scholarship; it is open to anyone who experienced 12 cumulative months in government care, including foster care and youth custody centres before the age of 18.
- Scholarships are valued at $1,000 CAD, valid for one year.
- Students must be planning to enter or go back to school, full-time or part-time in a first bachelor’s degree or first diploma program or first trades program at a Canadian university, college, or trades school.
- 70% of scholarship recipients are members of equity-deserving groups (women, 2SLGBTQI+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour and people with disabilities).
- Students may use funding in conjunction with any other scholarship or funding sources, including other Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada scholarships.
The Ted Rogers Scholarship application is a two-step process
Students must complete the Nomination Form on Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada website by September, 8th, 2023 at 5:00 PM (EST). Students will have to create an account when they access the Nomination Form. Students must attach a Confirmation of Care Letter to their Nomination Form. Confirmation of Care letters must be signed by a worker at the child welfare agency where the student received services to verify child welfare experience. Confirmation of Care letters must be printed on agency letterhead and uploaded as an attachment to the Nomination form.
If selected, students will be notified by September 18th, 2023 with further instructions.
For any questions or inquiries on the Ted Rogers Scholarship application process, please contact Anhara Rabbani at [email protected].
*If you are having any issues getting a confirmation letter from a social worker, please be in touch with us before the deadline and we can help you find someone who can confirm your time in care — please don’t let it discourage you from applying!
Best of luck to all applicants!