If you would like to deepen your impact as an ally of young people involved with the child welfare system, we recommend starting by learning more about their experiences and about the child welfare system in general.
Below, we have compiled some key resources to help you get started on your education journey!
- Read interviews with former youth in care
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Leading with Lived Experience – Youth Engagement Guidelines for the Child Welfare Sector
- 8 Things All Kids in Foster Care Want People To Know – Elite Daily Article
- Life after Foster Care in Canada – MacLean’s Article
- Canadian Child Welfare Research Portal – Statistics
- Canadian Child Welfare Research Portal – Frequently Asked Questions