Apply for a Foundation Scholarship
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada post-secondary scholarships award young people $5000 for each academic year until they finish their program (to a maximum of 7 years from their program start) through a once yearly competitive application. The deadline to apply is January 24th, 2024.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, you need to be,
- Not currently receiving a Foundation Scholarship*
- Have been or will be in the temporary or permanent care of the Ministry or Department responsible for child protection services up until your age of majority birthday or had been in permanent care of the Ministry or Department responsible for child protection services for at least 12 months. More Details
- Be attending a post-secondary institution full-time or on a reduced schedule due to an academic accommodation, for a full school year starting in September or January
- Are under the age of 30 if you have or are currently receiving Foundation supports
- Are over the age of 30 and currently receiving a Foundation bursary or have not received a Foundation Scholarship or Bursary before
*If you are a current Foundation Scholarship ($5000) recipient, you do not need to make an application.
Not sure if you are currently receiving a scholarship or a bursary? Questions about eligibility, the online application form, or the documents needed? Ask us! [email protected].
Connect with our team
(416) 923-0924, ext. 226